The Girls in ICT Day
The 24th Day of April is usually set aside by the ITU to celebrate Females – Girls, Women and Ladies around the world by creating events that encourage girls to pursue careers in Science and Engineering Fields especially ICTs, it is also meant to be a day to create awareness on the best use of ICTS for Women’s advantage in job/wealth creation, participatory responsibilities in Technology based projects and businesses for industrial development of our nation through Practical Learning’s in IT based Businesses and Office Procedures that can avail them to Start-Up after Schooling or own their private businesses or organisations.
- Objectives of the Event:
- To enable the young female pupils / students take ICT and indeed Science related careers and be prepared for future industrial
- To create a challenge of industrial expectations, need for innovations and creativity in ICTs for Girls and women as a tool for daily living, wealth and job creation
- To develop the capability of Nigerian women and girls to utilise local contents through indigenous learning’s in areas such as agriculture, arts & crafts, engineering, etc and bridge the digital gap using ICTs as tools for industrial change as we envision a technology-driven economy in Nigeria
- To see that women and young ladies in the informal and formal sectors of the economy are well equipped with the knowledge of ICT for a better placement in the job market, drive their IT-based businesses and become Chief Executives of Tech-businesses for national development.
- Highlight of the Girls in ICT Day
- Seminars and Career Talks on ICTs and Science &Technology related Fields
- Business, Skills, and Tech-preneurship development schemes
- Training on how to develop mobile apps, Website design, Database management for business enhancement
- Online Money making Techniques and Freelancing Opportunities
- Networking for Job and Wealth Creation
- Cyber security, Child Online Protection and Community Policing Techniques
- Information Technology, Farming, Business and Socio-Economic Development Mentorship, and Lots More
- 3. Who to attend Ladies ICT Summit:
- Girls (from ages 6 above from primary and secondary schools)
- Ladies and Women from Organisations, Religious Groups, NGOs, Public and Private institutions
Sunday 24th April, 2016 – For all Females (Women, Ladies, Girls) at Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Abuja
Monday 25th April, 2016 – Skills Acquisition and ICT Trainings at the STEP B, Project Office, Ministry of Education Annexe, Opposite Arewa Suite, Central Area Abuja (N10,000.00 per Participant).
Tuesday 26th April, 2016 – For School Children at Librarian Registration Council, 8 Zambezi Crescent Maitama, Abuja
- Sponsorship / Partnership Benefits
As our Sponsor, your Ministry /Agency / Organisation shall be listed on our entire Events’ brochures, fliers, website, Social media pages and other advertorials for the programme with the display of your corporate banners and Brands during all the days of the event and at all venues. You are also entitled to make Presentations in any of the Sub-themes during any of the 3 Days of the event as you deem relevant to your activities and vision. The Programme details will be made available as soon as you are willing to Partner with us to co-host the event.
Further details or enquiries on support or partnership in KIND, you can contact our office by post or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also speak with the President / CEO on 08034241874 or call our officers on 08081432443.