WOMEN ICT SUMMIT OCTOBER 2018
This is an annual event organized to bring together Nigerian women in the public and private sectors for disclosure on issues bothering on national development. Some features of the summit among other training/hands-on workshop. The effect and or, impact of the Internet and ICTs as a tool for the development of our society and communities are unquantifiable. Hence the need for us to continue to empower our women especially leaders who can take up challenges of sustainable development at rural communities for the overall achievement of not just actualizing the Millennium, but the new Sustainable Development Goals (M/SDGs) and the Change Agenda of our dear country.
Who to Attend:
The workshop hosts Leaders, Females and women who include
• Top Female CEOs & Functionaries at Federal and State Ministries,
• Wives of National and State’s Assembly Hon. Members and Clerks,
• Wives of Commissioners, Local Government Chairmen, Councilors and
• Women Leaders of Political Parties the Supervisors
• Female Officials or Directors of Relevant Ministries / Departments / Agencies across all States of the Federation
and the FCT.
• All women from ages 18years and above from the public, organized private sectors and all works of life
• Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students of Nigeria Tertiary Institutions.
The Women’s ICT Summit and Leaders Forum are three (3) day events. It both aims at bringing Women from the
public, private, formal and informal sectors of the country in hands-on IT training and engage a National discourse
on how women can actively participate in National project development using Information and communications
technologies. The summit also seeks to also empower, give skills acquisition, develop entrepreneurial activities and
enhance the social and economic potentials of women who participate annually.
The schedule for the Programmes is as follows:
Women ICT Summit (WITS)
Venue is the Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC), Maitama Abuja.
Day 1: October 9th 2018 - Arrival, Networking, Opening ceremony and agenda setting and plenary sessions in which all
women delegates will participate.
Day 2: October 10th 2018 - Women ICT Summit continues with hands on training in ICTs, digital literacy and launch of
“Nigerian Women Code Initiative” - A training workshops to teach women coding and Apps development for delegate
from different government organizations and private sectors.
Day 3: October 11th 2018 - Morning: Women ICT Summit continues with coding classes till after lunch
Evening Dinner with High Tech Awards for Organizations and individuals who have supported, promoted and
developed women and youth in ICTs and entrepreneurship in the year ongoing.
• Fees should be paid to Sterling Bank Plc, Account Number 0019052855 in favour of High Tech Centre for Nigerian
Women and Youths